Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Grass is not always greener

Mom should have told me that sometimes in making decisions that can impact your entire life you will fall on your ass harder than you ever thought. Ha! I think she forgot to tell me this one on purpose. There are just somethings you have to find out on your own. I have always been a dreamer...wanting the impossible...never satisfied. I want the best, the greatest...you get the idea. Sometimes I look at what others have and ask myself why I don't have the same. I take bits and pieces of the world view around me and want to create my own masterpiece of what I want my life to be. Problem is, I have taken shortcuts to get there that have hurt others and myself. I have learned the hard way that the grass is not always greener on the other side. There is a time to stay and a time to go. For those of you that have had those relationships with people where you "try to get away but can't"...oftentimes the reality is that you don't want to so you stay. How many times have you been that friend that tried to convince someone that they just need to stop talking to that one person who is holding them back? At the end of the day they will choose when it's time to let go and move on. What does this have to do with what I am talking about? Well the other side to this is sometimes we jump ship too soon thinking there is something better on the other side. Sometimes we listen to the wrong advice, feed into fantasy too quickly, and forget to think things through. We love instant gratification and when we want something, we want it. We don't think of the cost. It's a decision that happens in a moment and reversing that choice is damm near impossible. Thanks mom...I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment